Advocacy Committee – for the link to this meeting, email email@example.com
AGENDA: Discuss participation in Legislative Advocacy Days
Review which legislators with whom we will meet
Discuss NAMI supported proposals being considered by Legislature
Jesse’s Law S7878 – discussion by Jesse’s mother Kimberly Hubert Bickel; choice of
hospitalization on Mental Hygiene involuntary admission
Legislative Advocacy Days are being scheduled by Matt Shapiro, Director of Public Policy NAMI NYS.
- Anyone who participated last year can register & Matt will notify you of an appt (probably in March for WNY) .
- If this is your first time participating, a SMARTS training and practice meeting are available.
- Matt tries to make everyone’s meeting and acts as facilitator.
- Matt is setting up our appointments with your legislators so you must be registered with NAMI NYS Legislative Advocacy Days.
- If your work schedule makes a daytime meeting impossible, please write, call or email your legislator about one of NAMI’s issues in Legislative Agenda 2022.
Small groups of activists are responsible for most of the changes in our history.