This is an exclusive offer for New York NAMI affiliates, staff, community members, and local professional partners — who reside in NY and care for people with serious mental Illness.
You’re invited to a live LEAP Virtual Training on Oct 5th (regularly priced $150) at no cost — sponsored by the Sarah B. Foulke Estate Grant.
Presented live by Dr. Xavier Amador, author of I AM NOT SICK, I Don’t Need Help!, families and professionals will learn how to create trusting relationships with people who have serious mental illness and anosognosia—a neurocognitive symptom that leaves a person unable to understand they are ill, resulting in conflict, isolation and treatment refusal.
- Identify anosognosia vs “denial”
- Effectively communicate with the “7 LEAP Tools”
- De-escalate anger, paranoia & conflict
- Quickly establish trust & compliance
- Develop collaborative relationships that lead to treatment & recovery
Visit HACenter.org for other trainings & resources!
The HA Center Team
(888) 801-5327 | email@example.com
Printable, downloadable event flyer: