Welcome to the Out of the Darkness Buffalo Experience
Our community has always been the heart of the Out of the Darkness Walks. Your safety and well-being will always be AFSP’s top priority, and they are closely monitoring CDC and local guidelines as they map out options for bringing us an experience of hope and healing this fall.
This will NOT be a traditional, full-on walk as in years past. They will have an in-person, drop-by experience the day of September 26th to stop by Canalside to pick up your team’s goodies, connect with the event committee, and participate in some self-guided stations, all following state and local guidelines. This is limited to a certain number of people at a time so as to abide by safety guidelines.
Registration is free and open to the public.
Walk donations are accepted until December 31st.
Contact our team NAMI leader for more details about our team’s time slot.
Contact Name: Patsy Foster, NAMI team leader
Additionally, we will have an online event that day for all of our registered participants to connect and share our collective journey of hope and healing.
Though there are many unknowns, there are a few things we know for sure:
- You belong to a strong community united in an effort to fight suicide while showing up for yourself, recognizing and honoring those you love, raising awareness, educating communities, supporting one another, and sharing hope.
- We remain dedicated to providing you with opportunities to connect, heal, share stories, create impact, and show you that you are not alone.
- Mental Health and suicide prevention are more important than ever, and we’re confident that with your help we can reach more people than ever before.
WAIT … ARE WE STILL WALKING TO FIGHT SUICIDE?
We won’t be walking as a group, but encourage you to walk on September 26th on your terms: you get to choose your own course, what time you start, and who walks next to you (within safe distancing guidelines)!
More great reasons to register:
- Participants can join our NAMI team. This is a great way to motivate family, friends, and co-workers to join you!
- Registered walkers will be emailed an exclusive Buffalo Out of the Darkness Experience sign to print! Personalize it with your name and your reason for walking. #WhyIWalk
- After the e-vent, you’ll get a certificate of achievement to print out and show off
HELP SPREAD THE WORD!
We encourage you to tell your story about why you support #AFSPWesternNY.
If you are on Twitter, Tweet about the event.Don’t forget to add #TogetherToFightSuicide to your tweets!
Remember your LinkedIn connections!
Share your photos! #OutoftheDarkness #TogetherToFightSuicide #AFSPWesternNY
Save and share this graphic on your social media accounts to invite others to join you!