To become a volunteer, we recommend that you start by attending several monthly Education Meetings, a Family Support Group, or take a Family-to-Family class and get to know us. When you are ready, contact the office to discuss your experience, interests, and availability.
- Helpline call responder
- Clerical – office, newsletter
- Special events and Projects, one-time and short-term
- Updating website resource information
- Participating in education and awareness outreach events
- Hospitality and Greeter at meetings
- Teach or lead NAMI signature education and support group programs (previous participation and formal training required)
- Legislative Action – local state, and federal – letter-writing, emailing and making calls to legislators (see Advocate), attending public events or rallies.
Contact us to learn more:
NAMI Buffalo & Erie County
737 Delaware Ave., Ste. 217
Buffalo, NY 14209