Family & Friends Seminar
This free 90-minute seminar informs people who have loved ones with a mental health condition about how to best support them. It’s also an opportunity to meet other people in similar situations and build a community of support.
Led by trained family members with lived experience of supporting a family member with a mental health condition, you will learn about:
- Understanding diagnoses, treatment and recovery
- Effective communication strategies
- The importance of self-care
- Crisis preparation strategies
- NAMI and community resources
Family & Friends may also be offered from time to time as a four-hour seminar.