The NAMI Buffalo Helpline is 716-226-6264. Trained volunteer family members and support staff who have first-hand experience provide confidential support, understanding and assistance with locating services.
We respond to a wide range of calls related to many different aspects of mental illness. We listen to and help people with varying degrees of experience and knowledge of mental illness.
A small sample of the types of calls we respond to are:
- Teen is experiencing early signs of mental illness and the parent does not know where to begin
- College student begins experiencing psychotic episodes or depression
- Loved one is missing or homeless
- Relative is arrested or incarcerated
- Loved one is mentally ill as well as addicted
- A family member simply needs to talk
- A loved one is about to be discharged from the hospital and cannot return to the family home
This line is not a Hotline to be used in an emergency. Messages are returned within 2 business days but usually within 24 hours. You may also email us for help at email@example.com.