The Family-to-Family 8-week class is offered for free to family and caregivers of a loved one who has mental illness. Pre-registration is required. This class is for adult family members and caregivers of individuals living with mental illness. If you have any questions please call us. The Family-to-Family class:
- Is an evidence-based signature program of NAMI National.
- Provides a confidential, personal setting for family members to share experience, at their own comfort level, and gain support, knowledge and insight. It’s an opportunity to meet other people in similar situations and gain support from each other.
- Focuses during the first half of the course on the description, signs and symptoms of mental health conditions as well as the medications and treatments. The second half focuses on how to address and cope with mental illness.
- Is taught by two leaders, trained by NAMI, who have personally experienced the challenge of caring for a loved one living with mental illness.
- Is held in many community locations or on Zoom while required by COVID restrictions. Classes are usually offered 6 – 8 times a year. Check our calendar or email us at email@example.com to be sent notice of details when upcoming classes are set.
This class is generally not appropriate for individuals who have mental illness; we can refer to peer groups on request.
Click here for more general information about the Family-to-Family class.